Have you heard about the latest Windows update, KB5017389? If not, then you’re in for a treat! This new update is packed with exciting features and enhancements that aim to improve your overall Windows experience. From improved security measures to enhanced performance optimizations, there’s so much to love about this upgrade. In this blog post, we’ll be diving deep into everything you need to know about KB5017389 – so sit tight and get ready to learn all about the latest and greatest from Microsoft.
Introduction to KB5017389
KB5017389 is the latest Windows update that has been released by Microsoft. This update includes several new features and improvements, such as:
– A new “Updates and Security” section in the Settings app that makes it easier to find and manage updates.
– Improved support for updates on metered connections.
– A number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
What Does This Update Accomplish?
This update accomplishes a few things, most notably the following:
1. It addresses an issue that could result in excessive processor usage when you open a large number of tabs in Microsoft Edge.
2. It also includes security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Media, Windows Shell, and Windows Server.
3. In addition, this update contains improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1607 and 1703.
How to Install KB5017389
If you’re running Windows 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, or 1803, you can install the latest cumulative update by using Windows Update. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
If you’re running an older version of Windows 10, you’ll need to download and install the update manually. To do this, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website and search for the KB number of the update you want to install. Once you’ve found it, click on the Download button and choose whether you want the 32-bit or 64-bit version.
Once the download is finished, open up the file and follow the prompts to install the update. After it’s been installed, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Potential Issues After Installing the Update
1. Potential Issues After Installing the Update:
After installing any update, it’s always a good idea to check for potential issues that could arise. With the latest Windows update (KB), there are a few potential issues to be aware of:
-If you have an older version of Windows (7 or 8.1), you may need to uninstall and reinstall certain drivers in order for them to work properly with the new update.
-If you have any programs that rely on Adobe Flash Player, you’ll need to update to the latest version in order for them to work properly with KB. Adobe has released an update for Flash Player specifically for this purpose.
-There are reports of some games not working properly after installing KB, so if you’re a gamer, it might be worth holding off on installing the update until these issues have been resolved.
Benefits of Installing KB5017389
If you’re running Windows 10 version 1607 or later, you can install the latest cumulative update, KB5017389, which was released on March 13, 2018. This update includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10.
Some of the benefits of installing KB5017389 include:
– Addresses an issue that causes high CPU usage from SearchUI.exe when you open the Start menu or launch Cortana.
– Adds security updates for Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows media, Windows Shell, and Windows Hyper-V.
– Resolves an issue where after installing MS16-098/KB3176938 (the November 2016 Cumulative Update), some D3D applications such as DaVinci Resolve may crash with Error code 0x887A0006.
KB5017389 is the newest Windows update and it promises to bring several improvements to your computer. It not only resolves known issues but also increases performance, improves stability, and provides security fixes for a better user experience. We recommend that you install this update as soon as possible in order to enjoy its benefits and ensure that your system runs smoothly. With these instructions, we are confident that you will be able to get the most out of KB5017389 – the latest Windows Update!